Immerse yourself in some of the most cutting edge technology in the UK‘s Startup scene.
Do you aspire to work in an expanding team with ambitious goals? Do you yearn to progress at maximum speed? Do you love new skills and exposure to all aspects of business? Do you see yourself in the heart of London’s startups hub, meeting with founders and CEOs?
If so, read on!
GrantTree works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. This year, we’re investing heavily into our R&D Tax Credits operational and account management teams, to handle our growth, and as part of that we need technically minded people capable of digging into the intricacies of client technologies, and directly impacting the health of both our clients and GrantTree. That’s where you come in!
As a Tech Specialist, you’ll be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of the funding schemes we offer, and get stuck in helping clients to get the best out of GrantTree within a few weeks. You’ll be at a pivot point between our account management and delivery teams, often accompanying clients on their journey with us from initial conversations right through to funding.
On a typical day 6 months into this role, you might be:
- Researching a client ahead of a call and/or meeting with their CTO, using your in-depth knowledge of the regulations to determine whether the client’s projects are eligible
- Explaining the R&D Tax Credits scheme to a developer in order to guide them through the process
- Finalising the technical report for one of the UK’s hottest startup’s claim
- Changing a company policy to speed up our delivery processes
- Drafting a list of questions to interview a client to probe further into their technology
- Hands on experience within Engineering or Science
- Genuine interest/passion for the Tech industry
- Confident in speaking with Developers/CTO’s about Tech
- London based
GrantTree was founded 8 years ago and employs 40 people. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We call this open culture. Our way of working aims to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously; it’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (check out our GlassDoor reviews to learn more).
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £25k - £35k depending on experience.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfill your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while we encourage you to be in the office, there is scope to be flexible with your working hours and occasionally working from home. Our office is in the heart of the tech community, near Old Street, and has a fab roof terrace. Other benefits include:
- Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
- Flexible working policy
- £2,000 yearly training budget
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Regular wellness and fun days
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Are you excited by GrantTree but not sure about this role? Please feel free to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact you about future vacancies.