Software Engineer - We’ve invented financial ‘Time Travel’ - join us!
Senior Software Engineer
Salary + Equity
We’ve invented financial ‘Time Travel’ - join us!
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and more than the usual lip service to big data. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world-leading machine learning techniques. This isn't a challenge for the faint hearted and depends on a special team to build this future.
Do we innovate? YES - we’ve invented financial ‘Time Travel’:
We've developed a world first, patent-pending feature called GBiT - Go Back in Time - which allows the user 14 days to retrospectively change the card used, post-transaction.
Projects/initiatives in play that we want you to contribute to or lead the charge on:
- Connect platform: building the vision of Curve as a connected platform,integrating seamlessly with best-in-class apps and tools
- Curve SDK & OpenAPI: building an open platform and developer community to create innovative services and tools
- P2P payment: making Curve the smartest way to send and spend money, from any accounts & cards from anywhere
- Open Banking: connecting the financial world for customers by bringing together account data that will enable better financial decisions
- Spend analytics, insights and recommendations: using data and machine learning
- Financial product marketplace: credit, savings and other products and services to improve the financial lives of customers
What your day will involve:
- Developing, whilst leading a squad in delivering clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code cross-platform, on both client-side (iOS/Android) and server-side
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the company to rapidly build-measure-learn a world-class product
- Working with our scrum masters to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
- Leading and motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
- Guiding design discussions; being the voice of experience with helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability & performance
- Contributing to the current move away from monolithic architecture to microservices
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical debt
- Diagnosing problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
Our current tech stack includes:
- languages: PHP, GO, Java
- messaging: RabbitMQ
- data: Snowplow, Python for the ETL
- development practises: TDD, BDD, SCRUM
- database: RDBMS (PostgreSQL), Redshift
- mobile: Objective-C/Swift, Android, Kotlin, RxJava
- devops: CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
More About Us:
We're a funded, award winning Fintech startup, headquartered in Shoreditch, with a highly qualified and growing team of circa 40 who hail from over 10 countries.
We are expanding rapidly and are searching for a number of Senior Software Engineers to join our growing team of Test Automation, Mobile, Back End, SRE and Data Engineers (circa 18).
We have won multiple awards including WIREDMoney, and voted onto the Sunday Times Tech Track ‘Ones to Watch’ list. But more important than awards, is our growing user base with increased retention and product satisfaction.
What we believe in:
We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, build-measure-learn and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgment, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge.
Perks & Benefits (currently in process of developing additional benefits):
- Generous holiday allowance
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Personal Concierge service
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks