Come and join the growing engineering team at Urban Jungle.
We’re an InsurTech business changing the massive but backwards world of insurance, especially for young people, starting by providing great cover for the things they love.
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer, with a proven track record, working closely with our CTO, Greg who is an ex Google and Facebook senior engineer.
This is a unique opportunity to get into the rapidly growing space of FinTech, benefit from being one of the early employees in a well funded tech startup, as well as learning from the experienced co-founders. We’re rethinking how to help young people plan for and manage their financial futures, with the smartphone at its heart, and this is a great opportunity to make your mark.
You would initially be focused on developing and enhancing our introducer API product, which allows 3rd party companies to easily sell our insurance on their site, but given we are an early stage business, you will be expected to dive into all parts parts of our product, and in other parts of the business too.
This product (and most of what we build) is based on a modern frontend+API stack, so experience of working with web apps is essential.
In particular, you must have:
- A very strong academic background
- 1-3 years of professional experience working as a developer
- Demonstrable experience in most of the following (and willingness to learn the others):
- Relational database services
- AWS server deployments (Linux, Docker, etc…)
- A personal preference for getting things done
- Passionate about building great software and willing to jump into all parts of a modern technology stack
- A problem solver, who wants to deliver new products/apps/services and improvements to all parts of our product
- Highly motivated to learn new things, and a lover of innovation
- A good communicator with technical and non-technical people, and easy to get on with
- Excited about the challenge of a startup – especially getting to help shape the business from a very early stage
You can expect from us:
- A competitive salary
- A material equity stake
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on coaching and development