Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Salary & Equity
We’re building the future of money - join us!
At Curve, we believe that an SRE is a person attracted by a blurring lines between development and operations with strong fundamentals in both worlds. Not scared by the complexity of code or by the configuration nuances of an operating system.
We’re a small team but growing quickly! And we intend to do so while keeping the emphasis on the “Engineering” part. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to come onboard and shape the future of this system.
Curve’s mission is to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and a more than the usual big data lip service. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world's leading machine learning techniques.
Role: Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Analysing, planning and maintaining production systems on AWS as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Help defining internal and external SLOs and SLAs
- NOT doing routine administration BUT engineering an automated solution!
- Work with development teams and the management to define an auditable and compliant production system
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems
What we offer:
This is a unique opportunity. And real. At Curve the SRE team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are involved in the design and the scalability of every feature developed. We are not working, hidden, in the background: we are doing distributed systems engineering every day, whilst designing a PCI compliant Kubernetes cluster in a well-funded “one to watch” fintech startup with zero legacy. You will be one of the very few engineers that are doing this.
Our ideal team member will have the following talent, skills & experience:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- At least 3+ years’ experience in deploying/administering Linux clusters
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Node.JS/C++)
Bonus points for:
- Open-source contributions
- Knowledge of the rules of databases and distributed systems
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with Kubernetes/cluster schedulers
- Experience with PCI compliance, application security and data compliance
- Experience with data analysis systems
- Knowledge of Android, iOS and mobile applications pipelines
Core competencies/ person profile:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity and with a healthy “Can-do” attitude
- Personal interest in reading and studying about distributed systems and system reliability
- An unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement
More About Us:
We're a funded, award winning Fintech startup, headquartered in Shoreditch, with a highly qualified and growing team of circa 40 who hail from over 10 countries.
We are expanding rapidly and are searching for a number of Senior Software Engineers to join our growing team of test automation, mobile, back end, SRE/DevOps and data engineers (circa 18).
We have won multiple awards including WIREDMoney, and voted onto the Sunday Times Tech Track ‘Ones to Watch’ list. But more important than awards, is our growing user base with increased retention and product satisfaction.
What we believe in:
We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, build-measure-learn and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgment, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge.
Perks & Benefits:
- Equity for everyone!
- Generous holiday allowance
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Personal Concierge service
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks
Start a conversation by dropping us an email with a note introducing yourself.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.