Senior Quantitative Analyst
Our client is a leading technology company with a passion for innovation, and with a growing reputation of pushing the boundaries of real-time trading technology. One of Europe’s fasting growing, and most profitable companies they truly are a start-up success story as they look to grow further still. They have a self-management structure with a collaborative and flexible work environment – ideal for a mid-level Quant who wants more creative freedom in their approach to complex problem solving, is growing tired of endless layers of management and 60 hour working weeks.
The team manage and model sports betting data, analysing large volumes of structured data in order to extract knowledge and derive trading algorithms. Alongside fundamental analysis of modelling betting outcomes and probabilities you will also be working on automated strategies, market making and overseeing risk management.
- Take leadership in projects and scale up their quant-driven trading desk
- Data mining and analysing large datasets to detect patterns and hidden information
- Design and develop statistical models to price event outcomes and predict price movements
- Improve existing technical and fundamental market models
- Research, implement, backtest, ship and monitor data based algorithms
- Manage sport betting data, participate to the data infrastructure developments
- Define your own role within the team structure (they will help you get settled)
- Skills required:
- 2 to 6 years’ experience in a quantitative or algo/HFT trading role (bank, hedge fund, fintech or betting)
- MSc or PhD in a numerate subject such as maths, physics, statistics
- Solid statistical knowledge - regression, distributions, hypothesis testing, Bayesian analysis, optimisation etc.
- Strong coder
- Database querying knowledge – PostgreSQL, SQL