Senior Fullstack Engineer - GDAX
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, focus on the needs of our customers and create products that are easy to use.
The GDAX team plays a critical role in executing on that vision. We’re building the most secure and trusted digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. We take on hard engineering problems around scalability, security and financial safety to help our customers invest in the rapidly growing digital asset space, and to protect their investments.
This is where we need you - you’ll work with design, product, and trading teams to build new and exciting products that will shape the digital asset industry for years to come. If you’re excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, building performant APIs to power them, and dealing with relational databases, we should talk!
A little about our team: we’re a full-stack product team with experts in frontend, backend, trading, product, and design. We care deeply about our stack and tools - we’ve built out a React based single page app frontend and have continuous integration with multiple deploys daily. We pay special attention to performance as we operate a real-time application with high frequency, low latency updates. Our toolchain is based on Node and PostgreSQL on the backend and React, MobX and Webpack on the frontend. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Work across the entire stack to build, test and ship new user facing products using modern tools like Node 8, ES6, PostgreSQL, React, Flow and Webpack.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building features that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable.
- Articulate a long term vision for growth engineering and infrastructure at Coinbase.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve worked with production scale Web apps.
- You’re comfortable working full-stack, and are excited about diving into the frontend, backend or datastore as needed.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to Haves
- You’re staying on top of modern web application development best practices.
- You’ve worked on full stack teams in the finance or security space.