Senior C# Developer
Caxton is a leader in providing borderless payments enabled by ground-breaking technology and amazing customer service.
We are on the hunt for a talented senior C# .Net Full Stack Developer to join our agile development team in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge applications within the market disruptive FinTech industry.
About our Tech Team
Ours is a friendly close-knit team full of super talented, smart, hands-on type of people from interesting backgrounds. You’ll work closely with our full stack developers, BI developer, product owner, QA test analyst, front-end developer and our amazing service delivery team.
Like all our roles, we like to give our developers big responsibilities and the autonomy to deliver amazing things from day one. Teamwork and knowledge-sharing is important to us, and we are constantly looking to push boundaries and improve how we do things. The status quo just won’t do here at Caxton – that’s what makes us innovative!
We like to keep things interesting and have regular hackathons, table-tennis competitions, and we enjoy winding down with Friday beers in the office (without obligation).
Working in an established Scrum team, in a DDD environment, you will use the latest Microsoft Development tools and Azure technologies to create innovative solutions that continue to simplify foreign currency exchange for over 400,000 clients across the globe.
This will entail exposure to all our different platforms such as customer facing portal, back office systems, automated banking platform and our innovative real-time FX trading platform!
Professional development is a key part of our philosophy here at Caxton. As part of our benefits package, we offer £750 towards professional certifications/qualifications + up to 5 days study leave each year to ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest tech and stay ahead of our game!
If you are looking to work with great people in a knowledge-sharing collaborative environment, want to learn as you earn, and make a meaningful impact through your work, then get in touch now!
We welcome applications from developers with the right skills/experience who are keen to break into the FinTech sector.
- You’ll have at least 5 years' experience working in an agile team using scrum, developing web applications in C# for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5
- Experience developing towards a component based architecture
- A good understanding of the SOLID principles, and the benefits that this entails
- Experience developing with Code First Entity Framework
- Strong MS SQL Server and T-SQL Programming skills
- Strong Web UI / UX design skills – developing beautiful, easy to use customer facing systems
- Using GIT as a version control system
- A track record in developing API in a B2B environment using Visual Studio 2015, WCF and RESTful services
- Experience in developing JSON API to interface to iOS and Android devices
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience in developing real time trading or FX systems (not essential)
- You’re passionate about what you do and take full ownership of your code, and want to support your changes all the way
- A self-starter, able to work on own initiative and unsupervised; solutions-led problem-solver with strong attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and share the excitement of using the latest bleeding edge cloud technologies
- You’re enthusiastic, driven, and motivated by continuous learning development and improvement
- You’re a great communicator and love to work and collaborate with others
- You like a challenge and want to continually learn and develop
- You have a solutions-focused mindset, ready to fix problems and help the wider business when required
Salary & Benefits
- Very competitive basic salary + bonus
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays
- £750 annual educational bursary towards professional certifications/qualifications PLUS up to 5 days study leave
- BUPA Health Insurance OR a Cash Plan
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season travel ticket loan
- Free daily breakfast, tea and Nespresso coffee
- Beer & wine on Fridays
- Preferential currency rates for you, friends and family
- Preferential rates for Caxton Plus premium worldwide travel insurance
- + access to ‘Perkbox’ with free mobile phone insurance; discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets, Apple products, and many other retailers
Visit www.caxtonfx.com for more information on our products and services.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK (we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role).
Strictly no agencies.