R&D Tech Advisor
Immerse yourself in some of the most cutting edge technology in the UK‘s Startup scene. Do you aspire to work in an expanding team with ambitious goals? Do you yearn to progress at maximum speed? Do you love new skills and exposure to all aspects of business? Do you see yourself in the heart of London’s startup hubs, meeting with founders and CEOs?
If so, read on!
GrantTree works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. This year, we’re investing heavily into our R&D Tax Credits operational and account management teams, to handle our growth, and as part of that we need technically minded people capable of digging into the intricacies of client technologies, and directly impacting the health of both our clients and GrantTree
That’s where you come in.
As an R&D Tech Advisor, you'll be expected to gain a deep understanding of the schemes we offer in order to best advise our book of high growth startups and scale-ups about whether their work qualifies for relief. You'll play a pivotal role between our account management and delivery teams, accompanying existing and new clients throughout their journey with us from initial conversations right through to qualifying for R&D funding.
On a typical day into this role, you might be:
- Completing Videoconferences with CTOs, engineers and other R&D ‘doers’
- Reviewing any technical data or patents provided by the client
- Visiting our clients at incubators, engineering works or factories and finding out more about their work in person.
- Identifying new and qualifying tech in collaboration with our accounting, sales and account management team.
- Working alongside our team of writing experts to help craft a strong and persuasive technical report on our client’s work.
- Sharing a passion for technology and new areas of development that you encounter daily with the team, so that everyone is up-to-date with bleeding edge tech.
GrantTree is entering its 10th year, and currently employs more than 40 technical experts, account managers, sales champions, marketing wizards, and recruitment gurus. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We call this open culture. Our way of working aims to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously; it’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (check out our GlassDoor reviews to learn more).
- A passion for science and technology
- Coding experience (whether a Computer Science (or similar) degree, or within a job or hobbyist realm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to hold a room
- Ideally Project Management experience
- R&D Tax Credits experience is a bonus but not necessary
- Around 2 years of experience
- Preferably London based
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £35k - £45k depending on experience.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fu your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while we encourage you to be in the office, there is scope to be flexible with your working hours and occasionally working from home. Our office is in the heart of the tech community, near Old Street, and has a fab roof terrace. Other benefits include:
Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
Flexible working policy
£2,000 yearly training budget
Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
Cycle to work scheme
Weekly “lunch force” allowance
Monthly company picnics
Regular wellness and fun days
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!