Payment Operations Associate
About the Role
We are seeking a Payment Operations Associate to work with and directly report to the Operations Director, leading on and improving our payment operations. As the only member of the Payment Operations team, YOU will be responsible for designing, improving and executing payment monitoring processes. In addition, you will work closely with our Relationship Management team to facilitate more complex deals, with our Business Intelligence Analyst towards establishing an automated reporting suite, and with various senior stakeholders on other regular as well as ad-hoc reporting, reconciliation and monitoring activities.
You will develop a deep understanding of how we work as a business, become the expert for our marketplace that matches lenders and borrowers; you will own payment reporting & monitoring processes, and learn about regulatory requirements for start-ups in financial services. This role is a great opportunity for those who are keen to take over ownership of an area (i.e. payment operations) in fast-growing financial technology start up and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.
At Growth Street, we are passionate about helping businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible.
We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are the future of business finance. With lines of credit up to £1,000,000 for UK businesses to borrow, our marketplace allows businesses to grow.
- Monitor and reconcile transactions, payment volumes and more across all our systems daily
- Be the go-to-person for payment activities and behaviours for senior stakeholders from engineering, legal/compliance and commercial teams
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve incidents with our customers in mind
- Produce weekly transaction activity forecasts in collaboration with our Head of Risk for our external partners
- Establish & maintain regular reports for management and investors on loan operations activities
- Work with our BI Analyst towards establishing fully automated loan operations reporting
- Work with our Operations Director and Head of Product to establish product requirements for payment and fraud monitoring going forward
- Create a reporting suite for auditing by third parties and for management purposes
- Drive forward the automation of all monitoring and reconciliation work
- Review and approve all out-going payments
- Evaluate and initiate new product opportunities that have a direct impact on our customers
Opportunities to progress depend on the candidate's interests and skills. Potential progression paths are within payments/loan operations or towards business intelligence or business change roles.
- Advanced data analysis and Excel skills are absolutely essential (from conceptualisation to presentation)
- Relevant experience in payment operations, customer support, auditing and/or equivalent (e.g. experience manging incidents) is a must-have
- Work experience in a start-up environment preferred but not required
- SQL, VBA and/or Python skills in no way required but could be a plus
Competencies & Traits
We expect you to be…
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
We live by our cre values, in our interactions with customers and within Growth Street. Those joining us will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrate our core values;
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We are eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our business for our customers: that is why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We are only as strong as the sum of our parts and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible, that’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we do what we do for our customers, and we dedicate our time as colleagues to think beyond their immediate needs and beat expectations.
A good CV or highly relevant work experience alone are often not a good indicator of role- and culture-fit. You should see yourself in the above list of values and competencies/traits. During the interview stages, you will be tested systematically on each of them.
- Salary: £25-40k, depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Generous training budget for relevant financial qualifications
- Free breakfast & fruit, budget for books, weekly lunch & learns and more…
Growth Street recruits the best talent from around the world: 40% of the team started life outside the UK. We also welcome applications from within EU (Brexit or no Brexit!).