Head of Credit Risk Strategy
This critical role is focused on risk management strategy and is ideal for a relatively experienced person looking to bring best practices to and have a profound impact on a growing organisation. You will report to the CSO and be part of our Data Science team and your role will be to champion MarketInvoice’s credit function.
As Head of Credit, you will play a key role in building and managing the strategy and the risk management capabilities for our suite of financial products. Working with our data scientists, you will play a key role in developing our credit models and other decisioning tools to inform our credit risk management strategy. You will also work closely with the Head of Risk in setting credit policies and building end-to-end credit processes & procedures and monitoring the performance of the policies you have collaborated on over time.
You will provide subject matter expertise in SME credit risk management and will be key in guiding colleagues across the business to ensure that our business goals are reached without compromising on MarketInvoice’s strong reputation for risk management.
- Ownership of the risk management process for Business Loans (including credit and underwriting strategies)
- Input into the Business Loans product vision and strategy, including positioning, customer acquisition, key terms and features roadmap
- Work with our product, tech and data science teams, as well as external suppliers, to build leading automated decisioning tools and credit risk models
- Development of other relevant credit models (with support from our Data Science team)
- Take charge of reporting of portfolio performance across various products. Prepare board-level management information on performance of risk management.
- Over time building and leading a team of credit analysts
- Provide coaching, development and mentoring for colleagues across the business
- Support the collections, recoveries and customer success teams
- Expert in credit risk management in the SME sector with particular focus on unsecured business loans
- Ability to shape credit risk management strategy and inform product feature development from the risk perspective
- Ability to work in a team, prioritise projects and manage multiple stakeholders. High level of expertise in aligning risk management and wider business goals.
- Strong level of experience in working with an underwriting team to implement credit policies, implementing scalable and highly-automated decisioning strategies
- Experience in building and managing teams of credit analysts
- Experience in managing fraud risk beneficial
- Competitive salary
- Best in class share options scheme
- Innovation Days
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Amazon Kindle and ebooks
- Clear career progression
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Mentoring from industry leaders
- The opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus birthday off!
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, ping pong, table football and beer fridge) in the heart of Shoreditch.
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.