Head of Compliance, myPOS Europe Limited
At myPOS Europe Limited, we are shaking up the cards payment technology space.
Launched in 2014, myPOS is the only payment solution on the market that settles funds instantly processed via all sales channels.
myPOS Europe Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
As Head of Compliance, you will build a compliance team to help enforce and promote an innovative culture of compliance at myPOS Europe Limited. You will work closely with an accomplished leadership team and other in-house teams to help build and scale a European payments platform and ensure myPOS is compliant with AML/FT laws and treats the AML risks adequately.
- Keep up to date with AML/FT regulatory changes, including EU Directives and regulations, and develop and implement relevant changes to the compliance manuals, policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessments and establish appropriate risk-based controls
- Monitor compliance with relevant law and regulation, including 4/5AMLD, PSDII GDPR, consumer protection and privacy laws
- Provide ongoing reports to senior management and the Board
- Be the Team leaded of the Compliance team
- Liaise and manage the relations with Compliance Officers of Correspondent Banks and the Cards Issuing and Acquiring Financial Institution
- Manage government relations efforts with relevant regulatory agencies, law enforcement and trade associations
- Handle licence related processes and reporting to regulators and other external third parties, such as auditors and banks
- Advise the business on all compliance-related matters, such as the regulatory implications of new and existing products, new market expansion, resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps, enhancements to the firm’s compliance framework and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate.
- Act as the central point of escalation and contact for all AML/financial crime matters including onboarding new and monitoring existing clients, partners, vendors including due diligence and suspicious activity reporting and detecting and deterring financial crime.
- Lead training and maintaining a culture of compliance
- At least 2-3 years experience as an experienced Compliance Officer, MLRO or Deputy MLRO having gained sufficient Compliance, AML and KYC experience within E-money or financial services and/or payments companies in UK
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with regulators and have gained good exposure to dealing with government agencies across Europe.
- Success in managing people and possess strong operational and project management skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit is essential for this role as this will be a hands on position and you will be expected to scale-up and manage a team of compliance professionals
- Autonomous and the ability to develop and manage a talented and experienced team in an industry that is continually growing and moving forward