Head of Capital Markets - Structuring
“Online business lending with the X-factor”
- The Times
We believe that finance has moved on with technology - and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketInvoice.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
At MarketInvoice, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. We challenge ourselves to learn more and to think in different ways. In fintech, things move quickly - but that’s part of the adventure.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketInvoice moment:
This role is perfect for an experienced and ambitious structured finance/capital markets professional who wants to make an impact at one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the UK. As part of our growing investor team, you will work directly with the senior leadership team at MarketInvoice and take a lead role in all investor activities, funding strategy and planning. You’ll be in charge of the execution of major financing transactions and capital raising to fund MarketInvoice’s lending activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assisting in devising the strategy and structure of funding / capital markets transactions across our funding channels (Direct via Platform, Back-to-back, Warehousing, Securitization) and institutional investor base (Banks, Government Agencies, Funds)
- End to end management of funding transactions including negotiation of key terms, project management, transaction structuring, due diligence and documentation
- Help manage ongoing communications with a range of existing and new investors. Leading the preparation of marketing materials and data analysis, building and running financial models
- Assisting with planning and management of our funding requirements, investor funds deployment and treasury
- Manage and mentor junior(s) in the investor team
- Working closely with other business functions in relation to operations, data management and reporting
- Leading successful execution of transactions and involvement in effective funding strategy and planning
- Contribution to securing the funding position of the business across multiple sources and developing our investor relationships
- Presenting recommendations and implementing solutions which genuinely help drive strategic and operational decision making and improve business performance
What you will be measured on:
- 5+ years’ experience at a leading investment bank / investment house or a background in general banking, corporate finance / consulting, with proven deal experience
- Experience in the structuring, closing and ongoing management of different funding / securitisation structures
- Confident, independent and commercial, strong communicator; able to lead and develop high quality relationships with investors and other external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with reviewing legal documents/commercial terms. Advanced financial modelling (Excel), data analysis and PowerPoint skills
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task, schedule and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues and opportunities
- Strong attention to detail; logical, systematic, resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification (finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting or economics) and have an, CFA as a plus
- Excellent academic and professional record. Degree in economics, statistics, maths, or similar
- Good to have: Fintech / Startup experience
As well as the opportunity to progress your career at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Best in class share options scheme
- Innovation Days
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited ebook downloads
- Career progression and development
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Mentoring from industry leaders
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus birthday off!
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a communal feel) in the heart of Shoreditch.
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com