Front-end Web Developer
Over the past decade, We Make Websites have built a reputation for creating some of the best e-commerce websites on the internet. We are known as the world’s most-trusted Shopify agency.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Finisterre, Skinnydip, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a friendly team of around 25 and, despite our size, we have a big impact on the world of Shopify and e-commerce.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with an passion developing great front-end experiences.
- You will be able to take a design in Sketch / Photoshop and build HTML, CSS and JS.
- A keen problem solver, you will be able to come up with creative answers to our clients needs.
- You will have a solid understanding of the fundamental aspects of HTML, CSS and JS.
- You will be passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards.
- You will have opinions and ideas about front-end and be passionate about sharing those ideas.
- You will care about the details and making sure everything looks just right
- You'll have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people (be that account managers or clients)
- You'll have a good understanding of common e-commerce design patterns.
What you'll be doing
- Developing professional e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience developing e-commerce website front-ends.
- Knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language).
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in a relevant subject.
- Salary 30-45K depending on experience.
- 28 days paid holiday per year. Office closed Christmas to New Year's Day, work from home or take as holiday. Plus your birthday off.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon, London, with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and monthly team outings.
- Add great achievements to your CV: We're a small team and you'll have direct influence on the successes of large, well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.