Front-end Web Designer
Over the past decade, We Make Websites have built a reputation for creating some of the best e-commerce websites on the internet. We are known as the world’s most-trusted Shopify agency.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Finisterre, Skinnydip, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a friendly team of around 25 and, despite our size, we have a big impact on the world of Shopify and e-commerce.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and dynamic front-end designer to help us design and build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
- You will have a solid portfolio of front-end design work
- You will be be passionate about digital design, typography and delivering beautiful projects
- You will care about the details and making sure everything looks just right
- You will care about usability, performance and conversion optimisation.
- Using Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator will be like second nature to you.
- You'll have great communication skills and the ability to effectively defend your design ideas
- You'll have a good understanding of common e-commerce UX patterns.
- You'll have excellent responsive HTML & SCSS skills
What you'll be doing
- Designing professional e-commerce stores for a wide range of retail brands.
- Producing prototypes using Sketch and Invision — communicating directly with clients about your ideas.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the design and development team.
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience designing e-commerce websites.
- Knowledge of SASS and LIQUID (Shopify's templating language).
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- Salary 28-42K depending on experience.
- 28 days paid holiday per year. Office closed Christmas to New Year's Day, work from home or take as holiday. Plus your birthday off.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon, London, with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and monthly team outings.
- Add great achievements to your CV: We're a small team and you'll have direct influence on the successes of large, well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.