We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We blend technical excellence and e-commerce expertise to create enviable experiences for ambitious brands that want to scale.
We continue to work with more household name brands than any other Shopify Plus agency, our clients include: Pepsi Co, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, The Economist, Harper Collins, Beavertown Brewery, Nicce, Finisterre, and Skinnydip.
Our team of 40 Shopify Plus expert designers, developers, solutions architects, ecomm consultants and marketers - spread across our London and New York offices - continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in e commerce. We are growing exponentially, and to keep up with demand, we continue to search for the best and brightest.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with an passion developing great front-end experiences.
- You will be able to take a design in Sketch / Photoshop and build HTML, CSS and JS.
- A keen problem solver, you will be able to come up with creative answers to our clients needs.
- You will have a solid understanding of the fundamental aspects of HTML, CSS and JS.
- You will be passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards.
- You will have opinions and ideas about front-end and be passionate about sharing those ideas.
- You will care about the details and making sure everything looks just right
- You'll have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people (be that account managers or clients)
- You'll have a good understanding of common e-commerce design patterns.
What you'll be doing
- Developing professional e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience developing e-commerce website front-ends.
- Knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language).
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in a relevant subject.
- Salary $40-70k depending on experience.
- 20 days paid holiday per year. Plus 8 bank holidays. Plus your birthday off.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office in Brooklyn, with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and monthly team outings.
- Add great achievements to your CV: We're a small team and you'll have direct influence on the successes of large, well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks.
- Monday morning team breakfast
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.