Credit Operations Manager (COM)
Knoma offers a payment solution and marketplace for lifelong learning. The business is tackling the digital skills gap as the global economy shifts into the fourth industrial revolution. We help people looking to future proof their career or move into new areas of work by reducing the barrier of payment and removing the pain point of sourcing technical courses.
The business is built upon the firm belief in the importance of lifelong education to drive improvements in our customers’ future prosperity. We believe education should be accessed in a short, but frequent manner; at a lower price point and a focus on gaining technical, digital and data skill-sets.
All users can gain access to a revolving credit facility of up to £10,000, where the cost of a course can be spread over 12 months with weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. The product is completely free to all end users with no interest or fees applicable. Knoma is launching in August 2019 after closing a number of partnerships with leading coding schools in the UK. The business is backed by a large European Venture Capital (VC) firm. We are a fun and driven team, ready to make an impact!
The Credit Operations Manager (COM) will be responsible for operating and continuously improving the back-office systems and processes that underpin Knoma’s consumer lending offer, namely underwriting, loan administration and collections. The COM will design the company’s internal operations in line with its principles, create new business processes, including enabling IT systems as well as managing a small team. The COM will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the management team. This person will be joining a modern, tech-savvy team, who are focused on to revolutionising access to lifelong learning.
- Run day-to-day underwriting and collections. This requires keeping track of performance metrics, taking corrective actions, analysing bottlenecks and implementing solutions that bring process performance to a seamless level.
- Continuously improve existing and new business processes. This includes outlining process flows, defining operating rules and policies, assigning operational roles and responsibilities, integrating manual operations with IT systems and defining performance metrics.
- Managing the entire back office processes. This includes, but is not limited to, performing credit analysis, establishing direct communication channels with applicants and borrowers, issuing loan agreements, applying payments to individual accounts, identifying delinquent accounts, taking direct collections action, issuing monthly statements, addressing customer claims.
- Become an expert (if you’re not already) with the regulatory environment and ensure compliance at all times.
- Prepare regular presentations on the overall status of Knoma’s operations and deliver results and improvement plans to the Board of Directors.
- The performance of the COM will be ultimately measured by his/her ability to run a portfolio of consumer loans efficiently while delivering strong results on customer satisfaction.
Competences & Characteristics
- Driven to achieve results and to grow personally and professionally to enhance Knoma’s business;
- Seeking to work in a start-up environment where roles and responsibilities may vary over time;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to connect with customers, direct reports and Board members;
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced and innovative environment, cope with high-volume operations and challenging targets;
- Able to deal confidently and competently with uncertainty and to make decisions with limited information;
- Passionate about making things happen and being involved in a game-changing business;
- Eager to learn and develop new skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Legally have the right to work in the UK;
- At least 3 years’ experience in consumer or commercial lending as a credit / risk / collections manager;
- Excellent and proven Project Management skills;
- Understand the full credit lifecycle including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections and recoveries;
- Familiar with operating IT systems such as CRM (Salesforce) and LMS (Cloud Lending);
- Able to manage incidents, including liaising with IT and stakeholders to ensure smooth resolution, design and implement system changes;
- Confident working with data, performing analysis and communicating results in a clear and accessible manner;
- Experienced in performance management. Capable of understanding process shortcomings and set up key performance indicators to measure improvements;
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Able to build financial models;
- Familiar with Consumer Credit regulation;
- Experience leading change and developing high performing teams.
Contact Person: Brett Shanley (Founder & CEO)
Address: City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT