Commercial Partnerships Manager
Use your deal-making skills to build a powerful network of London’s fastest-growing technology companies.
Are you excited by meeting with London’s brightest entrepreneurs and learning about ground-breaking technology? Are you ambitious, driven and hungry to establish yourself as a part of London’s thriving startup ecosystem? Do you dream of having autonomy over your own fast-paced business development career?
If so, read on!
GrantTree works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. Our partner network consists of fast moving technology companies and affiliates including Microsoft Accelerator, Monzo and Crowdcube, to name just a few. We’re looking for an enthusiastic deal-maker to make this network even better.
As part of GrantTree’s partnerships team, you will be identifying, building and managing strategic partnerships with scaleups. You’ll be dealing directly with senior executives and founders, negotiating commercial deals and building high value client relationships. You’ll also be working with and meeting clients all over the capital, with freedom to design how and where you work (swanky cafe meetings are a staple!).
But you won’t be going it alone. You’ll be learning from an experienced and highly successful partnerships and sales team, who will prepare you to assemble and manage your own network and sales pipeline.
On a typical day, you might:
- Pitch GrantTree’s services to potential clients
- Broker partnerships and negotiate commercial deals with founders, FDs and CTOs
- Identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships with scaleup affiliates
- Attend a network event or run a workshop explaining GrantTree’s offering
- Report results to GrantTree’s sales team
GrantTree has a unique way of working. In our culture, everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We’re a self-managing company, meaning our team can choose where to work, what meetings to attend, and what to work on. We allow you to explore your potential, and do what you love doing, without the shackles of people managers. Ultimately, we aim to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously. It has been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (check out our GlassDoor reviews to learn more).
- Strong networking and communications skills
- At least 2 years experience in a commercial role
- Success in closing sales leads
- Experience with the startup and scaleup ecosystem
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology
- London based and able to attend evening events
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £30-40k depending on experience.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while we encourage you to spend some time in the office initially and from time to time, in general you can work remotely as often as you like. Our office is in the heart of the tech community, near Old Street, and has a fab roof terrace.
Other benefits include:
- £2,000 yearly training budget for courses and tools to help you on your individual developmental journey
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance - sit down for a meal with different GrantTree partners each week to help build natural collaborative and friendly networks
- Monthly company-wide picnics
- Flexible working - you have the ability to choose where and when you work best
- No dress code - bring your authentic self into work, complete with wearing what you’re most comfortable in
- Up to six weeks of holiday per year
- Three additional paid days off for volunteer work
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- 50% of your personal mobile phone tariff paid for
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly wellness days and quarterly fun days
- Subsidised private health insurance via Vitality
- Free food, snacks, fruit, and booze
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Are you excited by GrantTree but not sure about this role? Please feel free to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact you about future vacancies.