Backend PHP Developer - FinTech
Backend PHP Developer - Multiple roles at various levels
What are we about?
LendInvest is a fast-growing and FinTech business that's shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008 (as Montello, we rebranded in 2013), our investors have invested in over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We've built a highly scalable business model and have secured £39 million equity investment to date from the likes of Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström.
LendInvest is the world's largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, as well as one of the UK's most exciting FinTech companies. In the last few months we've been named in the Sunday Times' Disrupt 10, a list of the ten most disruptive businesses in the UK, and we debuted at #37 in the 2017 Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
What's the team is like?
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into cross functional teams that look after the investor and borrower platforms, provide the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservice architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending.
We are always evolving and right now that evolution is happening in our cutting edge technology team. We want to hire engineers who are not only passionate about a particular technology but technology as a whole and how it fits into the overall picture of a highly scalable product.
We rely heavily on PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL and Node.JS, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
What's my day to day going to be like?
- Take part in daily stand ups
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Write unit and functional tests
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
What we'd like you to have:
- PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL, Node.JS (but don't be put off if these aren't your primary languages)
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns
- Good knowledge of REST
- MySQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes would be a bonus
- Test Driven (TDD). You will never say it's ready until it's been tested, documented and explained
- You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
It would be great if you:
- Have experience using DDD
- Have an active interest in finance or property and industry disruption
What you'll get in return:
- Always be learning. We won't ever expect you to do the same thing over and over. We want to give you new opportunities to become the best engineer you can be.
- Make a measurable difference. We're here to change the way the world deals with property by making it accessible for all.
- A relaxed open-plan working environment
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job and a great team all working towards a common goal.