Build personal relationships with founders of the UK’s most exciting tech companies
Do you love meeting awesome tech startups with the freedom and responsibility to actually make a difference? Do you get your kicks from being deep in the action, negotiating our most valuable contracts? Do you get excited about building long-term, sustainable win-win relationships with your clients?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. Our sales are ramping up and we’re scaling up our retention team and processes to match. That’s where you come in.
As an Account Manager, you’ll be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of the funding schemes we offer, and get stuck in helping clients to get the best out of GrantTree.
A couple of months in, on a typical day you might:
- Work with a consultant and collate the information we need to complete a project
- Set up and facilitate a meeting between a client and your team
- Debrief with the team afterwards to help get the projects delivered within the timescale
- Call some of your clients to catch up with them about their latest developments
- Schedule a meeting with a sales lead that one of your clients referred you to
- Track your customer success metrics and build them into your weekly report to the account management team
GrantTree was founded 8 years ago and employs 40 people. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We call this open culture. Our way of working aims to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously; it’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (check out our GlassDoor reviews to learn more).
- You have 2+ years experience in executing and maintaining successful client retention strategies within the tech/startup space
- You are comfortable project managing between clients and technical teams
- You can show experience in managing a referral sales pipeline
- You have demonstrable negotiation and contract management skills
- Experience with metrics like Net Promoter Score and Referral Rates
This role would also be a good fit for a Customer Success Manager looking to grow their commercial acumen.
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, this is likely to lie between £28k-£38k depending on experience. We do not work on a commission basis, and this role is no exception. We focus instead on offering empowered, purposeful work and an attractive overall package. If commissions are important to you in staying motivated, this is not the role for you.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while this role will require you to attend face to face meetings, your time outside of those meetings can be as remote as you like. Our office near Old Street is bright and airy, with a fab roof terrace. You can take up to 6 weeks as holiday each year.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Are you excited by GrantTree but not sure about this role? Please feel free to send your CV to email@example.com so we can contact you about future vacancies.